oh, what a week it’s been. the first week back from vacation is always quite rough, isn’t it? this week certainly was for me. after getting in super late sunday night, i was a total zombie at work on monday. note to self: always give yourself an extra vacation day to recoup, do laundry, go grocery shopping, become a human again, etc. i spent tues-friday trying to get my life back in order, and getting back into the swing of my schedule: bar method in the mornings, a tues night soul cycle class with my favorite instructor, isabel, marathons of chicago fire, shrimp pasta with fresh basil and tomato. you know the drill. i read a quiz in this month’s self magazine that was all about whether you were an adventurous type or a homebody. not that i really needed a quiz to tell me which type i was, but guess what, folks? i’m a creative of habit. even self thinks so. which explains why, despite the absolutely incredible time i had on my trip to nicaragua, i am thrilled to be back home and back in the habit.
on the docket for this weekend:
a friday night friend soul cycle/dinner date with my girl katie, who i haven’t seen in far too long, and whose southern accent i miss dearly; saturday morning bar method then brunch at lafayette with my friend sara, and a sunday afternoon lunch and last minute christmas shopping with my ladies kara and sophie. and of course, my requisite sunday night soul class, where i tap it back and get my groove on for the week ahead.
in the meantime, i’ll leave you with the things i loved this week:
* this holiday candle has been making my apartment smell amazing for the past few weeks. it smells like christmas in a candle, all pine and yummy spices and the scent of snow. get it, trust me.
* this roundup of blair eadie’s 2013 outfits offers some serious sartorial inspiration. blair’s style is a bit more overdone than my personal taste, but i still get inspired by her unique, feminine fashion choices.
* i bought a few of these notepads for my girlfriends for the holidays, and i can’t wait to gift them. everyone loves a cute notepad, right? ain’t nothing like staying organized in style!
* my mom got me this new, holiday-appropriate deborah lippman polish for hanukkah, and i can’t get enough of it. it’s the perfect shimmery forest green.
* do you read love taza? it’s one of my favorite blogs. naomi is a great writer, and her photos of her beautiful family are always such a nice dose of inspiration. she recently went blonde, and i can’t get enough. it’s making me want to go platinum.
* speaking of inspirational, here are 10 ways to dazzle in a meeting, courtesy of the everygirl.
* i’m reading lean in. love sandberg or hate her, agree or disagree with her, it’s a really interesting read. suffice it to say it’s making me feel angry, passionate, emotional, and totally fired up all at once.